|Salary Range:||$11.00 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
This is a seasonal position that runs from Mid May to mid October.
The Retail Clerk is responsible for receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of friendly customer service at all times. Retail sales include grocery items, gifts, apparel, sporting goods, fuel sales (marine and vehicle) and assist in making activity reservations. Processes retail transactions, stocks merchandise, and provide visitor services. Class 13 Alcohol Service Permit required.
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills quickly and accurately using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and grasp with repeated motion. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timeliness, urgency, humor and common sense.