|Salary Range:||$11.00 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
This is a seasonal position that runs from Mid May to mid October.
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Assist with loading and unloading of inventory from trucks.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Handler's Permit required. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and grasp with repeated motion. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timeliness, urgency, humor and common sense.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.