General Utility/Busser (Stehekin, WA)
|Salary Range:||$9.19 per hr|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
A sesonal position from June to mid Oct.
The General Utility/Busser performs skilled and routine maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility. The General Utility/Busser is responsible for cleaning all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans and related food preparation/serving items and equipment; as well as the service and dining areas, assisting the dining room staff.
The qualified candidate will be able to:
• Wash dishes, utensils, trays, and cooking supplies using proper sanitation procedures.
• Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
• Clean floor area of any spillage of water, detergent and/or food stuffs per safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Fill condiments, utensils, and other supplies with stock as needed.
• Loading and unloading of inventory from trucks. Stocking storeroom.
• Maintain the kitchen, serving, and dining areas in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves in order to maintain a sanitary work station and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
• Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
• Strong sanitation habits. Food handler's permit required.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
• Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather.
Must be able to stoop, bend and grasp with repeated motion. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timeliness, urgency, humor and common sense.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.